So far Alpha 7 works out quite well. Collected only half a dozen of crashreports, mostly related to GPU drivers. There are couple of recurring bugreports that I would like to address:
- Error saying “Cannot create Vertex shader“. Make sure you have fresh OpenGL drivers. At least version 3.0. You can lookup the OpenGL drivers version in games_folder\logs\kp_2016_******.log, 15th line (“OpenGL Version: 1.4.0” is a typical indicator of missing drivers)
- Sometimes game cannot go into full-screen mode. Windowed mode is a workaround.
- Sometimes game fails to start the mission, if there are DLL files mentioned with nv/ati/amd/ig – look into updating GPU drivers.
- Campaign mission Treasures has a bug – if you destroy yellow players Camp you will lose. Destroying Purple players Camp is enough for victory.
Please also note, that if you do not fill in your e-mail in crashreport I won’t be able to contact you:
- to suggest possible causes and solutions,
- to request additional details,
- to report that bug was confirmed and will be fixed in next version
I’m hoping to release Alpha 7.1 with bugfixes later this week, when more bugs could be collected.