Here’s a second minor update with lots of bugfixes and small improvements:
- Fixed stone stockpile placement after house get demolished
- Fixed error on loading a savegame with a dead group assigned onto a quickselect (Ctrl+0..9)
- Fixed a couple of minor memory leaks
- Changed “erase” to “remove” in various MapEd menus
- Don’t list the horses in the map maker when selecting the resource for wagons #283
- Messages with buttons should allow for no glyphs #282
- Fixed mines placement locations visible behind the FOW #270
- Fixed a bug when Save/Load of the mission unlocks every profession in the school #267
- Added script action UnitUnlock, like the HouseUnlock #279
- Fixed a bug when Stonecutter was unable to mine the stone from map corners #281
- Possibly fixed error on game start when GetDocumentsPath was returning extra slash on the end
- Calls to Action.(House/Group/Unit)OwnerChange if the new owner is the same as old one will be logged and ignored
- Fixed stockpiles “auto (collect)” behavior (it was reversed) #266
- Fixed error in saving a mission from MapEd with default human hand preceded by empty hands
- Lasso selection should expand a bit when made close to map edge #278
- MapEd places units under rotated camp wrongly (when applying skirmish) #272
- Fixed ability to queue the last (5th) unit in the School #280
- Updated list of patrons in Credits
- Allowed for grain on snowground25% terrain [#284]
- Added some snowground25% terrain to Winter Stand to equal out the starting locations
- Improved KT panel layout a bit
- Fixed dust puffs locations offset after canceling a house plan (also responsible for crash if they were to be spawned outside of the map bounds)
- Fixed crash on unchecking Skirmish setup options in MapEd
- Adding faulty savegame into the crashreport in case a crash occurs
- Fixed crash on scanning or loading a map with empty script file
- Fixed CRC calculation being 1-off
- Implemented undo history depth in MapEd (default 512) [#286]
- Slightly improved GUI of Records\Global layout
- Added points assigned for each place into highscores (will be filled once KT is updated)
- Renamed “Rank” into “Place” in highscores
i knew that update would lead us to the Alpha 12 update.
Some Notes on the KI to strenghten it without too much effort:
– Allied enemys don’t attack together, this would really push their military influence
– KI doesn’t consider the different speed of units, horse units attack alone and early, effectless and warningly.
– KI units don’t join to larger groups. They should be put together to at least 6 units each to get more impact, the same should happen when defending. this would speed up the work of KI aswell since you have less troups to organize
– KI always attacks the closest building instead of the closest target. this makes it incredibly easy to trap it
– KI already builds axes and shields, nonetheless no axe fighters…wasted resources..
maybe this helps you to improve the KI already without major revisions
I really like your progress, keep the good work going on! It’s a lot of fun to play it already, I started training my larger child with it to learn üplaying startegy games 😉
Oh and one more thing:
I don’t know why, probably because you need to read the whole file instead of just the folder, when trying to save/load, it takes quite long to see all possible savegames because the loading takes quite a while…a bit anoying
Thanks for feedback!
How many savegames do you have and how many Mb do they take?
23 savegames, 360 MB altogether.
But there should und must be a faster way.
maybe you read them just once and save the important infos for the lifetime of the game?
its quite annoying to wait each time..
Wrote that down to Issues list. Thanks!