Due to lack of time and small number of maps sent in, competition is prolonged till next week – 30 Dec!
Winter is coming along with Alpha 10 of the Knights Province! Let’s celebrate this with a competition! Task is simple – create an addon map for the game using built-in map editor (and optionally, dynamic scripts). Submit the map until December
23rd 30th. Await for results and get your prize soon after.
- New single-player map (can have support for upcoming skirmish/coop play)
- Created in Alpha 10 wip (latest version available on Discord #new_versions)
- Meet basic quality standards and be playable
- Size M+ and any player count
- Can be several maps per participant, but only one best one is competing for the prize
- Jury members can participate, but are not eligible for 1st and 2nd place prizes
- Best maps will be included into the game (for that you will need to write explicit permission, giving map away under CC BY SA)
- Any map can be disqualified for undisclosed reasons by anonymous jury’s decision
- Submit to email@example.com or Discord #general_eng until midnight December
- Judging will be starting on December 23rd
Each map will be judged by the jury (DarkianMaker, Krom, Lewin, Maps, Thibmo). Map with the most points – wins. Points will be awarded in the following categories:
- Visually pleasing design (up to 10 points)
- Gameplay (up to 5 points)
- Detalization (map objects, emitters, etc.) (up to 5 points)
- Quest elements (dynamic script) (up to 5 points)
- NewYear/Christmas references (up to 3 points)
- Support for skirmish/coop play (up to 5 points)
- Scores 20 and above – small Steam game from community member Dah. Mention on the games website
- 3rd place, small Steam game, mapmakers role on Discord channel
- 2nd place, small Steam game, mapmakers role, Steam game of your choice (up to 15$ or equivalent)
- 1st place, small Steam game, mapmakers role, Steam game of your choice (up to 25$ or equivalent), attribution in map description as mini-contest winner
Feel free to ask for clarifications, they will be answered here.
All’s well in War and Joy, Tra-la-la-la-laaaa-la-la-la-laaaaaa
Accidentaly come to this site again 😀
I will try to create map, but i dont think i will be on time.
Hi, would be great to see more maps!
Don’t hesitate to ask anything about MapEd if you need (best on Discord) – I’ll try to help! 🙂