2015 is near its end. This year was quite busy for Knights Province and its creator (me). Gains include:
- Public Alpha release! (in fact 4 major public alphas!)
- Thousands of downloads and gameplays
- New game mechanics (wagons, campfires, objectives)
- Lots of artwork by 3rd party
- Professional unit models and animations by 3rd party
- 3 new music tracks! (to be included in Alpha 5) by Andre Sklenar
- New fog of war techniques
- Successfully tried streaming development on Twitch
- Recorded videos with voice-over (yep, for the first time)
- Got much deeper understanding of gameplay mechanics
- Got a lot more experience with 3rd-party contractors
- And last but not least – lot’s of positive feedback and offers of help from you guys!
On the downside however:
- Wasted a lot of time on unit navigation (which is not working out so great after all)
- Contractor work revealed to be really expensive for the game of such scale
- I realized that I have to learn a lot more about gamedev (which is doubtfully a bad thing)
- Anything else I forgot to include in pros or cons
All-in-all 2015 was a good year and I’m looking forward to what 2016 brings. Thank you all for support and interest in my humble ambiguous project – share if you like! 😀
Wish you Happy New Year everyone!!!
Bonus poll: What single feature would you like to see the most in Knights Province next year?
A man can dream lol
This is certainly coming true this year 🙂
All aboard the hype train!!! chu-chu!
No Bugs…thats a dream made by players 🙂
“No bugs” is impossible ;-P
My vote strongly goes to “player awards” like achievements and/or unlocking special troops by completing missions.
And after I forgot… Happy new year everyone!!
multiplayer & AI player
Keen to help 😀