As planned and mentioned before – Alpha is dueÂ to be released early this summer. Hopefully aroundÂ June or so (howeverÂ schedule tends to slip). Let’s talk about it.
Alpha version of the product is like a proof of concept â€“ showcasing the various ideas that are mean tot be in the final version. There can be several Alphas focused on different ideas. Basing on feedback, some ideas might change, some get dropped.Â Alpha generally should be quite unstable and could cause crashes or even data loss.
Knights Province Alpha 1 is going to be very raw and have a limited scope. It will be very far from the goal we aim at in all aspects (gameplay, design, graphics, features and etc).
What there will be (for those who are lucky to avoid bugs and crashes):
- the game is somewhat playable. Meaning that you can build a town, train troops and defeat the enemy.
- functional built-in Map Editor. You can create a map and play it.
What will beÂ missing:
- many game mechanics (including unit navigation,Â fighting and many others)
Content willÂ also be very limited:
- there are just a few house models (with not a single one complete) and
- a single unit model used as a template
- terrain has only a few objects on it (yet with a couple of growing trees)
- there is no music and sound effects
- many in-game menus are missing and/or incomplete and non-functional
- only English translation
Keeping all of that in mind, is there anything special that you would like to see in Alpha 1?