Here’s another idea mentioned by TheDarkLord in the previous ideas topic: Camp-Wagons (CW for short). CWs could enrich the game by allowing the player to choose where his town will start. It could be an interesting addition to the game.
- CW responds to players orders and can move around the map.
- Once in place, player can command CW to convert into a Camp (to start building a town around it).
- When CW becomes a Camp, several Serfs/Workers can come out of it.
- CWs have very slow moving speed, so to make player choose, to either look for a better spot and spend valuable minutes, or don’t waste time and start where he is.
- CWs might look like a wagon with a horse pulling it. This is yet vague, since we dont have support for units bigger than 1 tile in size, which CWs should exceed.
- Perhaps players will be able to build their own CWs in a SiegeWorkshop? There are some issues with that however (do we want to have disconnected towns? how to equip CW with Serfs/Workers, will they hunger there? Etc.) We can fix that later or forbid to build CWs at all – no drawbacks in that.
- Start the mission with a wagon, small army force and enemy troops approaching. Player has to flee from the enemy into a safety (e.g. a campy location, or towards allies location) and protect his CW. Once safe – player can choose the location where to start building his town.
- In multiplayer players might start with CW and move their bases into unexpected locations. However that might be tempting to rush in such a way by moving next to the enemy and going for quick assault force, wagons speed should make it hardly worth it.
- CW can be given to a player in a tactics mission at some point. E.g. player can choose between winning a mission by attacking stronger enemy and winning, or attack a weaker enemy to liberate a CW and then build a town.
- Suggest your own idea! 😉