Alpha 10 is ready

What’s new in Alpha 10:

• Particle effects (smoke for houses work, smoke for damaged houses, dust effects for plans placement and for house destruction, emitters that could be placed on terrain in MapEd (e.g. mist).
  • SSAO (aka prettier lighting)
  • New custom antialiasing (FXAA2 and FXAA3.11 partially)
  • Smoothed out unit animations
  • Revised house-placement (Trees and other objects block house placement from all 4 sides now, Added house plan icon showing where the road for the entrance needs to be)
  • Imported more unit models and animations
  • New maps from 2018 mini-competition
  • Allowed builders to uproot trees and small stones
  • Revised fish-catching
  • Quick unit/house selection panel in game UI on the right (Ctrl+1//0)
  • Revised wind effects to act uniformly on flags, particles and map objects
  • Expanded undo/redo in MapEd (units, houses, etc.)
  • Unified main menu and gameplay options pages
  • Separate volume controls for sounds (alerts, effects, menu)
  • New map decoration objects – stockade fences
  • Revised and fixed house unlock order
  • Reworked AI
  • Revised food nutritious values
  • Sound for messages opened and closed
  • Displaying proper music titles in options menu
  • And as always a whole lot of bugfixes and smaller improvements

Download links:

Knights Province Alpha 10 (installer)
Knights Province Alpha 10 (7z package)

This entry was posted in Downloads, News. Bookmark the permalink.

10 Responses to Alpha 10 is ready

1. Wychor says:

When are you planning on incorporating multiplayer?

2. Lautaro Zualet says:

and there better be new building plans for Alpha 11, as well as new militia and new workers.

3. David says:

I think that it was debated to death, but here we go:

How about being able to disengage combat? At least like a feature that you can set on or off. It’s horrible to lose a entire formation cause you accidentaly started a meele at the wrong angle. I know that you try to maintain the vibe and spirit of K&M, but (at least to me) this “to the death” combat was the worst part.

Also, it’s just me or blank peasants are not leaving their houses to eat? I’ve noticed that on a tutorial mission, where they left their homes just to die of starvation at the doorstep.

• Krom says:

I quite like the combat system so far – it makes you plan in advance and use different groups.

Thanks for reporting the bug!

• David says:

Sometimes a total winnable situation can turn into a phyrric victory, specially in narrow spaces, but well, that’s just my opinion.

Also, I forgot to add: do I fail to observe or there is no visible cue on your selected squad? I mean, in the original K&M the banner goes white when you select a squad, but as far as I remember, there is no such thing on KP. I wish that instead of the white banner of old, the selected squad have a selection ring on the units, cause it’s easier to spot than the flagbearer, specially at the heat of combat.

Kind regards!

4. KAWA says:

Just found about this project. Downloading a10. Looks promising, best of luck in development!