I’m happy to announce that Alpha 6 is out!
Alpha 6 features improvements both in graphics and gameplay. Along with usual expansion of graphics content, the game has got quality improvement – dynamic shadows. Gameplay got improved with introduction of skirmish mode.
A few words about skirmish – this is single-player mode against AI, much alike multiplayer games where everyone starts in the same conditions. Everyone’s goal is to defeat enemies.
New features in Alpha 6:
- Skirmish mode
- New and updated skirmish maps – Crossing, Rivals, Volcano Island
- New unit models (Brewer, Butcher, Breeder, Smith, Metallurg, Miner)
- New unit animations (Woodcutter, Fisherman, Farmer, Militia, Swordsman)
- Victory and Defeat graphics
- Warriors icons for Fort/Barracks
- Repaired and improved AI functions for skirmish
- Reworked main menu navigation
- Improved Town Tutorial map
- Nerfed Fighting Back map
- Skirmish map setup is simplified with a special button in MapEd
- Adjoined SP/MP results screens
- Show mining ranges for houses
- Allowed to block units in missions
- And as always – a bunch of smaller improvements and minor bugfixes.
Along with new features come new bugs, so if you encounter one – please let me know!