Alpha 3 is here and it has something new!
There are many ideas for the Knights Province that revolve around the checkpoints (CP) on the map. Perhaps I should explain what CPs are first. CPs are points on the map that could be used by the player to his advantage. For example a stashÂ of resources, or a neutral house or a trading post. A distant mountain with a gold deposit is also a CP. All these areÂ using the same mechanic – something that player would like to takeÂ advantageÂ of and something that is outside of players base.
One of theÂ problems with CPsÂ is need to transport wares to/from them.Â And now we are enclosing the Alpha 3 special feature – wagons! Wagons are required for almost any CP activity. Be it loot, transport, exchange, etc.
To start from something (note, any details can change in the future) wagons can not be built, look schematic, canÂ take on board up to 10 of some ware and transport it without roads to a destination point.
There is still a lot rigging to do to make the wagons fit into the game. For now there can be spawned up from the map script, filled in only with wood and cannot be unloaded except by thedynamic script. Alpha 3 includes the test map with that functionality employed, called “Alpha Wagon”.
As usual there is a bunch of bugfixes and smaller improvements:
- Range-check error when woodcutter is going to cut a tree near the maps edge
- Replays and savegames do not load
- AI would crash on attempt to train soldiers
- Wares production time for many houses is zero
- Add option to toggle unit icons overlays
- Game crashes when unit tries to walk out from the occupied Tavern
- Scrolling by key AND cursor causes a crash
And a download link:[Download not found]