This weekend was devoted to getting back to the game
What has been done towards Alpha 7:
- Allowed to select enemy and neutral houses and units and see their generic info
- Added entrance element to house plans fences
- Added neutral player in MapEd, animals could be placed only for that player now
- Had to revert terrain smoothing, it worked wrong on fences. Proper solution is planned
- Fixed 1 second minimap update delay on mission start
- Worked on moving all data files into a package
- Minor updates for some maps
- Fixing GUI errors and crashes in MapEd
- Fixing houses/units names (changing pigs to cows, skins to cowhides, etc.)
- Improving statistics menu layout
- Optimized flags rendering
- Added flags to almost all houses and house placeholders
- Tinted bottom edge of fake houses for better lighting feel
- Tweaked warriors HP display
- Fixed idle warriors animation loop and also made all warriors to idle not in sync
All in all that resulted in 73 commits, and now the game is at r4093.
Game looks Nice 🙂
With this much updates to the game, there will be not alpha 7, but at least delta 12 😀 . Keep up the good work! Looking forward to playing it.
Hey, thanks! )
Perhaps you are right and I’m putting too much thought and time into Alpha 7. Maybe I should look into shorter iterations.. Anyway, I have a few more things I have planned into Alpha 7 that I really want to wrap up.