Okay, this took longer than I expected. It’s almost 3 weeks since last LP report. I was busy with many different things and not all of them are done yet. But, here’s something self-contained:
On this week fields aging was refactored and reworked. Since terrain now uses overlays, terrain type is no longer tied with a field placed on top of it. That required some code updates.
Along with some sketches for grain objects, here’s how it looks now in game and in map editor:
Since old growth approach has been refactored, here are some highlights:
- Grain can grow on any terrain type (if allowed);
- Grain age can be set to any specific stage from within map editor;
- Grain age is now stored in mission script;
- Reworked and simplified growth stages within code
- Bonus: added wind to the game, so that the grain and trees are wave a little bit.
What’s left – field borders.